Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LUSH

Lush was one of my all time favorite bands growing up. The fact that the lead vocals and both guitar parts were both women was beyond anything I could ask for. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple of times and every time they would always blow the young little me away. I have so many different memories attached to this music.
I actually got to meet the lead singer Miki Berenyi when I was in high school (I can;t remember the exact age). The song LadyKillers was huge at the time and they were doing one of those radio station concerts. One of the 'ladykillers' in the song was someone I knew... and entire verse was dedicated to him and to say it wasn't very nice is an understatement but she explained him exact, SO I told her that. She was way into that and took me around for the next hour and introduced me to everyone she knew asked questions and talked shit. It was amazing, I mean someone I idolized taking me around I was dying! Then later that night I ran into the 'ladykiller' which was amazing because she had to have said something and I loved that.
Recently I have been dying to listen to them again so i have been revisiting their music videos. Their style is SO good. Some great outfit inspiration. Finally yesterday while cleaning out the garage I found one of our missing CD cases with every album and have been listening to them back to back to back.
I wish they were still around as their music is simply brilliant!













No comments:

Post a Comment