Saturday, October 24, 2009

Etoile


This past summer Jon and I visited Sweden and Paris (my first time in France!). When we were leaving for Paris my dad had one request for us to recreate a photo that my dad had taken in the 60s at the Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile. No problem! We can't wait! For some reason we saved this for the very last day. We took a cab there and when we were dropped off we couldn't find the exact sign. Exhausted from all of the walking we had been doing (Jon's poor feet were so messed up after the trip he could barely walk when we got home!) we started to walk around it hitting every single red light and having to wait to cross for what always seemed like forever! Finally we made a full circle around it finally realizing that all of the signs had been changed! We tried our best to recreate the photo.... I even scoured my suitcase looking for some sort of top that was similar to the one my dad is wearing in the photo. So here are the photos...
The original photo taken sometime in the 60s
the "recreation" taken in August 2009.
Jon and I

No comments:

Post a Comment