Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oktoberfest

Last night Jon, (Big) John, my parents and I went to Oktoberfest at the Alpine Village. We had a huge dinner of Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and drank lots of beer. The festivities included an Omm Pa Pa brass band performing lots of songs about beer, sing-a-longs about beer, lots of dancing, lots of contests (we only stayed for the yodeling contest which my mom booed every single contestant!) and a parade of Beer Steins. After the Bratwurst we all had major sweet tooth's and made plans to stop for chocolate cake on the way home. I think that the thought of chocolate cake made Jon rush us all out of there a little sooner than we would have liked!

My dad was making a weird face in the first photo so I made my parents take another photo.

My mom booing a poor Yodeling contestant.
Bratwurst and Sauerkraut. (my tummy hurts just looking at this photo)
The Omm Pa Pa band.

No comments:

Post a Comment