Thursday, December 31, 2009

Early New Years Dinner

A gift from Mor Mor that comes out every year- Tomte having a good time with their Pigs
My parents tree. You may notice the Swedish flags...
More Tomte
Lucy woken up from a nap.
The yummy leftovers as I forgot to take photos the night before.

My Mom and Dad always have Jon my brothers and I over for dinner on New Years Day. Since they will be cruising this year they invited us over before they left (My mom more for us to enjoy her Christmas decorations as Jon and I were too busy to come over to check them out earlier). The biggest surprise of the evening... My dad cooked Sri Lankan food! A total treat as I honestly cannot remember the last time he cooked us an entire meal let alone food from his motherland!! Sure a dish here and there but everything? Wow! What an unbelievable treat! Okra, Rice, Beef, Chicken, and Lentils. Jon and I took home all of the leftovers and ate everything again last night (It tasted even better as all of the ingredients got to spend more time together!) I can't wait for my Dad to cook for us again soon! What a fun and yum night!

No comments:

Post a Comment