Saturday, December 5, 2009

You wanted the best...








Last week Jon and I went and saw Kiss for their '35 and still alive' tour. It was my third time seeing them live and Jon's first time. As soon as the house lights went down and the venue went dark, and the announcer says the words " You wanted the best...." I was on my feet with my hands in the air screaming at the top of my lungs. The first chords were played and the stage lights come up and there they are in all of their amazing glory. Jon was even geeking out equally as hard as I was (...he was after staring at me for a few moments probably wondering what was wrong with me). Kiss is absolutely amazing live. Any person let alone MAN that can perform in the wardrobe (weighing as much and covering as much of their bodies) that they wear are total badasses that want to rock you to the very core of your being. Wearing at least 10lbs worth of clothing each and at least 4 inch heels to boot they entertain you like no other. (who designs all of their wardrobe? that person (people?) totally amazing!) Gene coughing up blood flying over a million miles on top of the stage to rock out on his bass, with his sword and fire blowing abilities, Ace Frehley absolutely killing it on guitar, Paul Stanley holding court being the best host ever keeping the audience entertained, Peter Criss pounding the drums like no other, the fans in their amazing Kiss inspired wardrobe... this IS entertainment. I cannot wait to go back to see them again the next time they come around!

No comments:

Post a Comment