Thursday, February 18, 2010

A day with my Valentine.


Valentine's Day 2010. I'm not that big into Valentine's Day everything is overpriced. A day to really show the person the person in yr life how much you love them by spending way too much money? Well I hope I am able to show Jon how much I really love him everyday. I mean when Jon asked for his phone (so he could set the calendar in his phone to remind him to get me (really us) a box of See's Candies a week before Valentine's day) I told him "oh you want to remind yrself to stop at See's? I'll do it so you can keep yr eyes on the road... that my friend is true love.
Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. The second Sunday of every month is the Rose Bowl Flea market so that was our fun date. We ran into friends and scored a couple of great things... Me three beaded belts $1 each, Jon an issue of Wet magazine, and three vintage planters for our garden. After the Rose Bowl we were hungry. We were right next to China Town so we headed for Chinese Food but the traffic reminded us that it was Chinese New Year so we headed to Bottega Louie's instead for drinks and a super yummy lunch. On the way out we picked out a heart shaped tart with passionfruit (my all time favorite) for dessert to eat at home. We stopped at Home Depot and picked up a few plants and went home and spent the rest of the day gardening. Such a great Valentine's Day with the greatest Valentine ever.




We need one of these....
and one of these in our home! I can't believe we didn't get this one!!!
I am so irritated every time I look at this photo as I really wish I got the white cat planter for our house!
a few of the beaded belts

We got to hang out with our friends Yuske and Eiko the owners of the greatest vintage shops ever... Imonni and Nanala.
Jon with our new treasures
downtown
my jam- Campari and Fresh Squeezed OJ
Lunch- Napoli pizza, and Rocket salad SO GOOD.
The greatest tart ever. I want this to be my b.day cake!

Gardening (that poor cactus has been sitting in our front yard for a month waiting to move in!).
finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment