Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day

We went up to Wrightwood last Friday for a weekend of snowboarding and to celebrate Kitty's Birthday (belatedly). On Jon's last ride of the day on Friday he got the phone call that Laura was going into labor so we headed home early the next morning to support and welcome lil Avery! So exciting!
The car ride after exiting the freeway and hitting the highway is so beautiful. Do you notice the train in the foreground? Driving up growing up my mom would always point it out to us so my brothers and I would get excited and be occupied for a portion of the trip.


We hit the slopes right away
Can you tell who is who with all of that stuff on? Jon got us ProTech helmets we both forgot we even had them on!!




our shadows on the lift
getting ready to "ride"
cheers to the new baby!
my parents "ride"
Jon got me these Taka Hayashi for Vans I am in love with them!


Kitty's cabin


The duck in his tweed coat was trying to join us for dinner at the Blue Ridge Inn

Happy Birthday Kitty!






Going home....

1 comment:

  1. More info on Laura, Jay and baby Avery please.

    And my parents totally pulled the same trick with trains. And those Vans are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete