Sunday, April 11, 2010

Furniture Sale at Leisure World!











I always check the garage/estate/rummage sale section of the PennySaver hoping for something from the local retirement "community" Leisure World. A few weeks ago I hit gold when I read that there was going to be a huge furniture sale at Leisure World. I was SO excited! We were working at the time however it worked out that I was able to go! I was there at 1:30 a little before the doors opened saw people going in so I headed over. My eyes are peeled. I am looking at everything as most of the inhabitants of this "community" have really great taste. I lay eyes on an electric fireplace by Sears. I snap a photo and text it to Jon expecting him to text back that we really don't need it. I keep walking I see a woman holding an amazing painting of the sea it's huge and only $4! i was sad I was a couple of minute too late, until I see the perfect patio furniture a set of four chairs with yellow and white vinyl straps... fantastic! I snap another photo and send it to Jon. My phone rings and Jon is so excited about it all! Really? I ask him Even the Electric fireplace by Sears? Heck yes he likes it! We need it! So I run back to my electric fireplace by sears just in time to call dibs on it before a young gentleman doing the same thing as me (emailing iPhone photos to his wifey) claims it! Then I buy the chairs. I do one last walk through and see a rad painting of the Golden Gate Bridge the gentleman that is helping me lets me have it for $2 total score! All that can fit in the back of the AllRoad is the electric fireplace by Sears (which two gentlemen and I are trying to carefully place into the trunk), one of the four chairs and the painting. I get home and by some strange act of God was able to get the Electric fireplace by sears out of the trunk all by myself. I waited for Jon to get home from work and we went back to claim our three chairs on our way to yoga. Jon got a real kick out of it and took tons of photos of everyone.
Every PennySaver that comes in the mail now I keep hoping will give me news of another sale at Leisure World. My fingers are crossed that there is one soon so I can bring home some more treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment