Friday, January 22, 2010

こんにちは、東京! (Hello Tokyo!)

I arrived home from the Bahamas job with one full day to wrap out the job unpack and repack before heading to Tokyo to meet Jon who had been in China working since the 3rd of January. It is always so hard when he leaves to go out of town (esp for this long) but when we get to meet in Tokyo or somewhere else it is always so worth it!

Jon's flight from Hong Kong arrived a few hours before my flight he was nice enough to wait for me to arrive so we could go to the hotel together. Normally we take a bus but the bus had just left and the next one wasn't for two hours! A cab would cost upwards of $300 so we decided to take the train instead. It was my first time taking the train from the airport. It was easy until we arrived at Shibuya Station trying to get to our hotel- let me tell you that was not an easy task maneuvering rolling duffel bags around the station trying not to run people over attempting to figure out the easiest way to the hotel! We checked in freshened up and headed out to meet some friends for dinner and drinks. Due to me sleeping the first part of the flight I pooped out early. We still got the chance to enjoy some great company and fantastic food which is always the greatest way to start a trip!
Jon and I on the train.
View from our hotel room.
Photo of the sake we were drinking.
Half full plate of amazing Sashimi with more bottles of sake we were drinking.
Jon, Bebe, Taka, (in the forefront), Luis and Kagee in the background
Cheers!
Mitch and Jon
Jon, me and Kun (in the front) Tony and Hue (in the back), Luis and Taka (in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment