Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tokyo Day 3/Night4










Monday we woke up and went for Ramen as we did not want to repeat having hungry tummies 10 minutes into our day. We hit a few stores we missed in Shibuya. Later we met our friends Bebe and Hue at our hotel and headed to Daikanyama to a restaurant called Eataly for lunch it was so good! Jon and I split pizza and pasta (Jon was so excited to eat this after being subjected to the "best Chinese food" for two weeks before arriving in Japan it turns out the "best" is not that great. I on the other hand am always excited to eat pasta and pizza or pretty much anything!) during lunch there was a photo shoot going on. The models were different plates of pasta and pizza and glasses of wine. I am assuming that it was for the menu. I have never seen an actual "food" photo shoot before and I was excited to see this! They were making little changes to the food and drinks as the shoot went on like we would do to someones clothes. I got a real kick out of it since nothing was moving and it all looked pretty tasty to me.
After lunch we went over to a part of town I had never been to. The street alone was quite impressive it was quiet and quaint and there was music playing on speakers that were on the street, the music was super fitting not at all annoying (like the Miley Cyrus 'Party in the USA' music video that was blaring on repeat at Shibuya crossing) this music added to the atmosphere.
Our destination was a store our friend Kun recommended called Junktique. A vintage store that is full of the most amazing pieces you have ever seen the selection is surreal! Jon got a few pairs of great vintage shoes and I got tons of inspiration!
Next we went to visit Bebe and Hue's studio (Bebe has an amazing menswear line called Bedwin and the Heartbreakers, and Hue designs for an amazing menswear line called Deluxe) their studio was so cool. We got to check out their new collections in the show room which is phenomenal.
Afterwards we all headed back to the hotel so they could finish up work as they were both heading to Paris the following day for fashion week.
We all met at the hotel bar for drinks. I tried my first Campari with fresh squeezed orange juice which I think is my new favorite drink! Rip picked us up to meet Bebe, Hue, and Mitch and we all headed for dinner at the coolest yummiest restaurant. Everyone stopped by to say hello/goodbye as we were leaving in the morning. I think I may have enjoyed myself a little too much as I was a little tipsy when we left.
Another fun day and and even "funner and yummier" night in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment