Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mister Minit






After I arrived at Narita international and I was walking through the airport one shoe was making more of a click than the other. I finally checked it and out and the heel tip was missing. This was the only pair of comfortable "walking" shoes I brought with me on the trip so I needed it repaired fast! As soon as we reached the Cerulean Towers while Jon was checking in I headed straight to the concierge and explained what the problem was. She grabbed a map and wrote down the closest shoe repair. I asked if she could write in Japanese what was wrong (like the repair person wouldn't be able to figure it out?) as well as that I needed this done right away! She drew a photo of the shoe and circled the heel and then wrote "Mister Minit" in bold letters. That right there should have tipped me off however I can be pretty dense some times. Anyway the next morning we were to meet everyone in the lobby at 11 so we woke up early ( I was up from the jet lag) and we headed down to the shopping center in search of Mister Minit. It was a quick walk and we found them super easily. I walk up to the counter right away the gentleman asks me to sit down in one of the many chairs, hands me a pair of slippers with embroidered Mister Minit on them and right away goes to work on them. Less than 15 "minits" and $9 later my shoes were as good as new and ready to pound the pavement. I SO wish there was something like this in LA! I thought it was going to take forever and cost an insane amount!
Thank you so much Mister Minit!! I want to say I hope to see you again but I hope my poor shoes all stay in good shape so I won't have to!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Totally with you. I have so many shoes I need to take to a cobbler.

    I know I've said this before, but I'm SO HAPPY YOU ARE BLOGGING!

    Now I can get my Anika fix all the time. =)

    ReplyDelete